The School Day
Please note, our Reception class do not have scheduled play times. This is because their curriculum follows a play based and continuous provision style model.
Arriving on time...
Please ensure that your child is brought to school for when the bell rings at 8.55am. Children begin their lessons straight after registration at 9am. Any child arriving late will miss the important introduction to the lesson and will therefore be at a disadvantage.
Children arriving for school after 9.00am, must enter the building by the main entrance and report to the school Administration Officer, before going to their class teacher.
KS2 children may bring a healthy snack to eat at morning break. Healthy snacks may include fruit, vegetables or breakfast bars.
KS1 children are provided with fruit to eat during the afternoon break.
Medicines and First Aid
We ask you to observe the following procedures with regard to medicines.
- Only prescribed medicines that have to be given 3/4 times a day should be brought into school so we can administer them during the day. Any medicine that can be given before and after school should be done at home.
- No medicine will be given without written consent from parents. This should be handed along with the medicine (by an adult not the child) to the office and the relevant form completed.
- All medicines should be clearly marked with your child's name, class and the dosage to be given.
- Asthma inhalers should be given to the class teacher. Where possible this should be left in school and each class has a box where these are kept for use. If your child has asthma, please ask at the office for a form so we can keep records of these children.
- Any child having an accident during the school day will see one of our named First Aiders and will be given a note to take home, If more serious injuries occur, you will be informed immediately.