Year 5 Welcome Information
Your teachers are: Miss Cunliffe and Mrs Speight
Your teaching assistants are: Mrs English, Miss Quinn and Mrs Watkin.
Welcome to Y5’s class page. We have loved teaching the children so far and they have all settled in so well. We have been having lots of fun learning about the Vikings in History and about Changes and Reproduction in Science and we can’t wait to have even more fun as the year goes on! Check out our topic webs below to see what we have learnt this term and what we will be finding out about next term.
Notes for parents:
- Reading and understanding a variety of texts is a really important part of your child’s life in school. We ask that you listen to your child read at least three times a week and to sign their reading record. This will be checked every morning by the year five staff. Remember to discuss the story and ask questions to aid further understanding.
- We also have subscriptions to Spelling Shed, Purple Mash and TT Rock Stars for children to access at any time at home.
PLEASE NOTE: PASSWORDS FOR SPELLING SHED, PURPLE MASH AND TT ROCKSTARS CAN BE FOUND AT THE FRONT OF YOUR CHILD’S READING RECORD.
- Homework will be sent home every Friday and it is due back by the following Friday.
- The children have PE on a Thursday afternoon so their full PE kits will be needed on this day.
- Children are encouraged to bring their own healthy snack for morning break such as a piece of fruit. Snacks such as sweets, chocolate bars and crisps are not allowed.
We hope that you enjoyed reading about our class and there will be opportunities for you to come and see us working in class soon!
Thank you for your continued support.
Writing Showcase Coming Soon
Half Termly Overviews for Parents
Year 5 in Action
Home Learning Links
|Developing a Growth Mindset.docx||Download|
|Modal verbs and adverbs.pdf||Download|
|Place value chart.pdf||Download|
|Sentence cafe prompts.docx||Download|
|Writing Targets Year 5 .doc||Download|
|Y5 Maths targets.pdf||Download|