Welcome to Y6M!
Congratulations on reaching your final year at St Cuthbert's. This year is all about your opportunity to shine, to show case everything that you have learned throughout your primary school journey. Throughout this important year, we will be working together to prepare ourselves for the KS2 SATs and for your transition to your chosen high school.
The Year 6 Curriculum:
We will begin the year focusing on the following autumn term topics:
Moving into spring term with the build up to KS2 SATs we will focusing on the following topics:
Finally before transitioning to their chosen high school in the summer term we will focus on:
Please find attached below newsletters containing more information about each topic with ways in which you can support your child's learning throughout their Year 6 journey.
Important points to note for parents and carers:
* Your child will take part in PE on Mondays; therefore it is important that they have full PE kits in school which can be kept in your child's locker.
* Full school uniform must be worn at all times.
* Homework packs will be sent home each Friday and consist of maths, literacy and spelling homework. All homework is due back in school by Wednesday morning at the latest.
* Your child is welcome to bring their own water bottle to school, which can be re-filled and taken home each evening. It is school policy that only water is allowed in the classroom.
* Please ensure that your child arrives at school promptly for 9am so that they can fully benefit from morning lessons.
* For all Art lessons, please can you ensure your child has an old t-shirt in school to avoid any stains to their school uniform.
I hope that you all enjoy your final year here at St Cuthbert's and make some lovely long-lasting memories. I look forward to our journey in Year Six together.